Missed You Today!  

Posted by: Unknown in

Today was fun!  I finally made it back to school, though little Vivienne is still home with a cold.  It was a fun day for us, though we are missing you.

Here is a brief summary of our day:

SOCIAL STUDIES:  This morning, we listened to a few Timucua slides and Vokis, including yours.  You blew everyone away!  How amazing!!!! 

MATH:  We transferred the data from our "Sunrise - Sunset" chart on page 27 to a line graph that is on page 125 of your math journal.  I can help you with this, but I'm sure Mom or Dad could help you, too.  We also took a timed multiplication test.  Yay!

READING:  I assigned more reading today in your Blume book.  Please read chapters 7 and 8.  Your job was connector.  You need only to make two connections, though the form I'm sending home has room for more.

SCIENCE:  We had lots of fun this afternoon with minerals.  I gave partners a mystery mineral to identify.  They recorded the mineral's color, streak color, transparency, luster, and results of the scratch test.  Afterward, they used mineral cards to try to find the mineral that matched the results of their tests.  It was really fun!  Though pyrite was pretty easy to identify just by looks.

We also have gone to the computer lab today.  I need to find out from Mrs. Driscoll what you've been up to in there!

We can't wait for you to return.  It's just not the same without you!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 11, 2012 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment